Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mine's coming tomorrow. Thanks Radu and mrcrontab for the pictures that are making it difficult to wait.

Jer

05-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #17
dbh
Inactive Account

I picked one up from The Camera Store on my way through on my recent motorcycle trip. They had just gotten it in the day before and I figured it would be perfect for some of the places I planned on riding through. Turns out I used it and the 70mm ltd nearly exclusively. Here's one from the roadside:

--
dbh
05-15-2009, 05:53 AM   #18
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Mine's coming tomorrow. Thanks Radu and mrcrontab for the pictures that are making it difficult to wait.

Jer
You're welcome, Jer but strangely it doesn't sound to me that making your wait more difficult was a nice thing for me to do at all !

Radu
05-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
I think this is my best build Ltd lens (not that the others are bad, just I like this one more mechanically). If I would characterize it in a phrase I'd say: this is a lens for the one who wants to photograph a meadow, not to count every blade of grass from it.

I hope it helps,
Radu
Looking great

QuoteOriginally posted by dbh Quote
I picked one up from The Camera Store on my way through on my recent motorcycle trip. They had just gotten it in the day before and I figured it would be perfect for some of the places I planned on riding through. Turns out I used it and the 70mm ltd nearly exclusively. Here's one from the roadside:

--
dbh
The 15 and 70 are exactly the combo I'm thinking about

06-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #20
emr

I so want a lens this wide and small and I'm close to ordering one. It's just that I have some reservations regarding the IQ and speed (aperture). Some of the wide open images posted don't seem too flattering and f/4 isn't very fast to begin with. Having to step down to f/8 in effect may prevent from shooting in low light and indoors hand-held.

So, anyone who's got one: are you happy with the image quality while pixel-peeped it seems far from, say, DA 14mm f/2.8? Also, how do you feel about low light shooting with this lens?