Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The seller came to the party and offered a partial refund I will wait and see

cheers

05-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by X Man Quote
Yes, it's any good. Actually it's a great little lens. Where did you get it? ebay? I just saw a Vivitar Series 1 70-210 f 3.5 get sold for good money as a K mount, and I bet it's a Nikon mount... One must pay attention and be well informed before they buy, imo...
In support of the OP, I have done the same thing once and almost been fooled a few more times until I reviewed my watch list. I saw what I wanted to see in the listing and ignored clear evidence that contradicted it. When I received a K1000 instead of an MX, I was really ticked off! Fortunately I looked at the listing again before I made myself look like even more of an idiot. At the time I had bought about 150 Pentax lenses and cameras on eBay, and my overall profit proves that I normally made sound decisions. But I was capable of fooling myself at times.
05-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #18
Veteran Member

From what I see the 28 is actually worth more than the 35 since it's a bit less common (both are still pretty common, though). I find the 28 not too sharp but it maybe my copy since Mike Cash's photos seem to disagree with me The disparity between 28 and 35 isn't too great imo (43mm equiv vs 50mm equiv).

The 35 and 28 are both great lenses =)
05-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Cupic:

This is an excellent lens. I have a mint copy (family gift) which I just don't use much. It means getting out the M42 adapter and I have my Tamron 17-50. But this is a very nice lens. The lens is sharp! I believe this was @ f11

Last edited by Jewelltrail; 09-25-2009 at 09:09 AM.