Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
does my da* 16-50 need some pentax tlc?

i've had my da* 16-50 for over a year and it's been on my camera for the majority of the time i've owned it. as such, i completely forget if the front element had a tiny bit of movement to it. it has a 'sway' of about 1mm; like it's loose. was it always like this? does yours move a little?

i'm pretty sure it was "solid" when i first got it, but i really don't remember. this slight movement doesn't affect it's performance and it doesn't move when it's in use/extended... but i'm thinking this is a "wear'n'tear" scenario.

05-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
Forum Member

Had mine for about a month, haven't noticed anything about loose front. May I ask if you did any "damage" to your lens? It shouldn't getting loose by itself I suppose. My advise would be you contact Pentax service to get it sorted, good luck with it!
05-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
It's spent it's life in a nat geo pack; never been dropped or abused. Must be a design flaw. Guess i'll contact pentax canada about a repair. I noticed the movement about a month ago.
05-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by attack11 Quote
i've had my da* 16-50 for over a year and it's been on my camera for the majority of the time i've owned it. as such, i completely forget if the front element had a tiny bit of movement to it. it has a 'sway' of about 1mm; like it's loose. was it always like this? does yours move a little?

i'm pretty sure it was "solid" when i first got it, but i really don't remember. this slight movement doesn't affect it's performance and it doesn't move when it's in use/extended... but i'm thinking this is a "wear'n'tear" scenario.
Mine has a bit of "wobble" when extended. It doesn't seem to affect the images any.