Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alehel Quote
This is the best kind of lens testing there is. There is no point, I think, in doing extensive scientific tests on a lens you buy if the images it produces are good enough for you.
I hear you, alehel - that's my way of looking at it.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
It looks like a keeper to me.

As a side note, your garage seems large enough for a Cessna 210. Do you think the street is long enough for landing?
Yves, you're welcome to try and I'll photograph the event (from outside the plane). I haven't been in a small plane since I was a boy - if you get down our way, I'd sure love to go for a ride.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by bimjo Quote
Thanks for posting these "real world" pics. Lens looks to be pretty sharp in the corners, which makes it appealing to me as a pano lens.
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Nice pics, nice house too. I get the impression with that lens that larger images look a helluva lot better than your samples.
Yeah, they are. Even the resized images look better before I upload 'em to Photobucket. I use the free version, and something's seems to have changed that I don't understand; the pictures when pasted into the forum are - I think - smaller than they used to be and just don't have the texture the resized images have before uploading. Beats the hell outa me.

Anyway, you know what my house looks like, so if you want to drive by, we'll look at the RAW shots on my monitor . . . . . . but you gotta bring the beer.

Jer

05-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Revelation!

Now I've figured out why my images posted on the forum (via Photobucket) are so small and degraded in recent weeks. So, here are four of the same shots with my DA 15 I posted in the OP of this thread along with a couple of pictures of one of our cars I posted in another section yesterday.

I've not completely tuned up the interface between the forum and Photobucket, but these shots are a helluva lot closer to the "real thing" than I've been posting recently.

I hope these are more useful for those interested in a DA 15.

Jer

05-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
Veteran Member

i need this lens
05-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #19

Look good to me. More pics pls.

05-18-2009, 03:44 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice pics, nice house, nice car, nice lens and nice of you to post this. I'm considering if the Ltd15mm will make a perfect set with the 35ltd and 70ltd. From having drolled over the DA14 a long time without being able to make up my mind, perhaps this is a better alternative. I got sort of tired of carrying the DA*16-50, and the DA14 is also a heavy lens (to me). Flare controle looks excellent. Perhaps you could post some center and corner crops?
05-18-2009, 04:38 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I agree with Douglas of Sweden -- nice pics, nice house, nice car, and nice of you to post these. Wish my house was all brick like yours, and BTW, we used to have the same light in the foyer.
05-18-2009, 05:36 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm glad folks are finding these useful. As I said earlier, I'll be spending a few days on my boat (cleaning up after some minor repair work and routine maintenance ), so I'll be giving this lens a workout around the marina and its environs.

Jer

05-18-2009, 05:46 AM   #23
Veteran Member

OK, those are a helluva lot better.
05-18-2009, 06:09 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
OK, those are a helluva lot better.
Thanks, man. Your comment goaded me into finally getting off my dead --- and fixing a problem that bugged me for two or three months.

Jer
05-18-2009, 06:43 AM   #25
Veteran Member

These are the first images I've seen that make me want to put this lens on my list.
05-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
These are the first images I've seen that make me want to put this lens on my list.
I know!! and thank you for posting these pictures!!
I've been looking for samples for a long time.
this lens could be the perfect street lens out there right know in my opinions.
a small wide lens is all I need to help my 31mm ... and it looks sharp!!
05-18-2009, 07:32 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
I know!! and thank you for posting these pictures!!
I've been looking for samples for a long time.
this lens could be the perfect street lens out there right know in my opinions.
a small wide lens is all I need to help my 31mm ... and it looks sharp!!
You guys also may want to search out Radu's (RaduA) and Dominque's (tcom) posts, as well. They've shown some excellent examples from this lens.

Jer
05-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks great! Thanks for the samples. I am glad I'm broke right now, or this would be on my list.
05-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
I agree with Douglas of Sweden -- nice pics, nice house, nice car, and nice of you to post these. Wish my house was all brick like yours, and BTW, we used to have the same light in the foyer.
I kind of agree. Our house is painted plank (not sure if that is correct English) on the two long sides and bricks on the two short sides. After painting the long sides last summer I begun to wish that the whole house was brick walls. Not to mention that they are usefull when testing lenses as well
05-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
I kind of agree. Our house is painted plank (not sure if that is correct English) on the two long sides and bricks on the two short sides. After painting the long sides last summer I begun to wish that the whole house was brick walls. Not to mention that they are usefull when testing lenses as well
Cardinal and Douglas, all brick is very common around here - you see only limited wood substitute siding and no vinyl. I guess our labor costs make brick houses the norm.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Looks great! Thanks for the samples. I am glad I'm broke right now, or this would be on my list.
Aw . . . . come on, Robin. Splurge.

Jer