Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #1

Vivitar interchangeable mount stuck?

I borrowed a Vivitar zoom lens with an interchangeable mount and I'm trying to take the screw-on part off of the back. I can't get it to budge. I'm not even sure how it's supposed to come off, I figured it would be a simple press and twist but this thing doesn't want to move. Is it stuck, am I not pressing the tab in far enough, or am I missing something obvious?

It's this kind of mount:

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
05-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
i have one of these, TX mount (T4 is also a variant, i believe).

here's what you do. with the lens in the pictured position, place your right hand thumb on the little silver tab (indicated by "L<--") and put the index finger of the same hand 180 degrees opposite the thumb, but on that same metal ring. press lightly with thumb to depress the metal tab and turn the ring counterclockwise. The left hand anchors the lens by holding at the aperture ring. it only goes about 1/8 turn. now with the other hand lift the mount straight up off the lens.

did that work?
05-17-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
here's what you are removing... rear piece flipped around backward in this photo.

to replace, you line up the two white arrows and press down and turn ring clockwise.
05-17-2009, 11:02 PM   #4

Original Poster
Great, that worked. It was just harder to twist than I thought it would be. I don't think it's ever been removed, actually.