Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2007, 07:46 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Is my old lens worth anything?

I have this nice SMC (K) 15mm f3.5 and I´m thinking of selling it, but haven´t decided yet. So I´d like to ask if anyone would have clue for what it would be worth on the market?

I need to say that this seems to be the Aspherical version that is mentioned on Boz´s site:
Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-Mount Equipment Page
The serial number match and the distance scale have that 4 instead of 3, just as described.

I was hoping that I had something special here, or is it "just another 15mm"?

Thanks,

// Mats

04-21-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I don't believe there is such a thing as "just another 15mm" - 15mm in the days that lens was made was pretty rare. I think that lens is worth quite a bit actually - don't know how much of course, but it certainly isn't the most common lens around. I'd love to have one, but its probably outside my budget
04-21-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 15mm is one of my favorite manual lenses and I'm never going to part with mine (I have a K and an A version).

The value of each is around $600

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-21-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for input.

Yes, I really like the lens also but actually, just like you Mo, I have both the K and the A versions. Do I need both? Well, I was wondering if the fact that one was AL would make it really rare and well worth keeping.

And yes, I know these lenses are not "just another lens", but my wondering was if it would be something special in the SMC Pentax 15/3.5 family.

I apologize deeply for being so unclear and I promise that i will never happen again! I´m so sorry....I´m not worthy...

Take care guys!

// Mats

04-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Oh, I saw that Bojidar wanted to know the serial number on these 15mm lenses to determine production year and such, but my old email address to him is invalid.

Anyone who knows how to reach the guy?

// Mats
04-21-2007, 08:48 AM   #6
Ole
Administrator

Mats,
Here is his e-mail address: kmp3@BDimitrov.de

Ole
04-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by matsoberg Quote
Thanks for input.

Yes, I really like the lens also but actually, just like you Mo, I have both the K and the A versions. Do I need both? Well, I was wondering if the fact that one was AL would make it really rare and well worth keeping.

And yes, I know these lenses are not "just another lens", but my wondering was if it would be something special in the SMC Pentax 15/3.5 family.

I apologize deeply for being so unclear and I promise that i will never happen again! I´m so sorry....I´m not worthy...

Take care guys!

// Mats
On a select few 15mm have the AL element. You can tell it's the rare version if there's a 4 on the distance scale instead of a 3.

BTW, if you have the AL version, you could score big bucks. The last one went for over $1600 on eBay!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
On a select few 15mm have the AL element. You can tell it's the rare version if there's a 4 on the distance scale instead of a 3.

BTW, if you have the AL version, you could score big bucks. The last one went for over $1600 on eBay!
Hey Mo.

Now were getting somewhere.... Yes, it´s most likely the AL version (see my first post).

1600?....Jeez, good thing I didn´t sell it. Now I just HAVE to keep it. Thanks for letting me know, man.

And thanks, Ole. I just sent him my serial number.

Stay well,

// Mats