Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Lens Repairs - Australia

We have heard many good things about Eric the camera and Lens technician in North America - but is there someone similar here in Australia?

I had cause to look around when my Sigma DG500St flash failed in February. My copy of the Series on Tokina 80-400 needed a clean and adjustment as well. Found this company: F16 Camera Service who did both jobs for me.

Parts were needed for both items, Alan the technician imported them from North America together with the manuals that he needed to knowledgeably work on them. Both items were completely CLAd. The lens was brought back into manufacturer's specification tolerances and the small dint in the filter thread was smoothed out allowing for polarizers and hood attachment again.

Timing was fine given that I was doing the whole turanaround via Australia Post and that Alan was having to wait for parts to be imported. Total cost for the two was very reasonable. Less than replacement cost for either one of them.

I am very happy to get them back in as new condition. I think that I now have a local Eric (Alan) that will be able to service my equipment for the present.

05-19-2009, 06:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks Arjay Bee, My old Pentax 80-320 zoom is getting a little loose, I'm sure its fine, but would like it checked & tightened a smidge if possible.

I have been looking for a good lens tech & you have found one for me.

Appreciated, Wal'
05-24-2009, 11:45 PM   #3

I have also used F16 Camera Service for a CLA for my Spotmatic and he has cleaned and adjusted a number of AF and MF lenses to my satisfaction.

Geoff