Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
The Sigma 24/2.8 ("Super-Wide") is much smaller than the FA24/2. Probably close to the 15/4. And it is (or was, anyhow) available in an AF version.
got my copy today by pure luck and I am thinking I am about to love this lens...
it is small and light and made of METAL!!

I am not sure how hard it is to find a copy BC I got mind just by walking in to a random store

05-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
The Sigma 24/2.8 ("Super-Wide") is much smaller than the FA24/2. Probably close to the 15/4. And it is (or was, anyhow) available in an AF version.
The Sigma 24/2.8 is a nice lens, but it is very vulnerable to flare - which is why I replaced mine with the DA21 which is *much* better in that regard. The 1/3 stop of speed loss has not been much of a real-world issue.
05-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
The Sigma 24/2.8 is a nice lens, but it is very vulnerable to flare - which is why I replaced mine with the DA21 which is *much* better in that regard. The 1/3 stop of speed loss has not been much of a real-world issue.
good to know! I never heard about this lens until today... for a little more then a $100 still sounds like a good deal. I got a UV filter and a lens hood with it so hopefully I will not see much flare.. I will post some samples in the next few days.

I am with the group that still making an effort to get FF lenses if I can.

thou the 15mm is real wide on digital and a lens that I am planing to get very soon
05-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #19
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
as for Sigma 24/2.8 being very prone to flare, I'd say it's prone to flare. Not more than my 10-20 or Tamron 28-200 (which I used to have). But at the same time it's better than Tokina RMC 28/2.8 but no match for SMC lenses. That being said, with good hood and careful framing, it's VERY rewarding lens...