Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2009, 03:33 AM   #1

Polarizing filter question

I am looking for a circular polariser for a Tamrom 18-250mm (f3.5-6.3) lens . I know very little about filters in terms of quality but I assume that Hoya are OK so I have been looking for a 62mm Hoya circular polarizing filter.

The price range is huge from about 20 to 100 (in dollars thats about $32 to $160)

I assume there is a considerable difference in quality between these prices

What's the difference and which one would be appropriate to this mid-price travelling lens?

Is Hoya a good choice?

05-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think you posted this in the right section, but anyway...
Hoya is making some very good stuff and some average stuff. That's why there's the huge price difference. Good CPL is not just for one lens. You can use it in another lense (either directly or via step up ring). So if you buy one it's better to buy good (or at least better) one. Hoyas around 100 GBP should be fine. If you don't feel like spending that kind of money have a look at Marumi filters. They have a pretty good reputation and not so high prices.

BR
Peter