Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hard to say given the difference in exposure, and having only screen resolution images to work with. Plus with only a single sample, and of a scene where focus is so critical, and there is nothing else in the scene to compare, it's really hard to say for sure if either is focused *perfectly*.

From what I do see, I'm going to put this in the category of a difference perhaps too small to matter. Which is to say, if it costs $300 to get results that are not noticeably better than cropping when viewed at screen resolution, I'm not going to be in a hurry to get one. For some reason, I never really considered this particular TC when thinking about longish telephoto options - seemed expensive for a TC. If it plus my M200/4 could beat a good a decent 400mm lens or 500mm mirror lens handily, it could be worth considering. But I'd need to see more evidence than this!

Last edited by Marc Sabatella; 06-03-2009 at 02:34 PM.
06-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Try as I might, I can't find anything in what you say to quibble with, Marc.

It was a "let see what happens" sort of enterprise to begin with and, actually, I was quite surprised that the combination did as well as it did.

I'll probably give it another shot down the road when I've gotten the wiggle out of the tripod and made some meaningful (and sorely needed) progress in upgrading my PP skills (and I'll open up the aperture a bit more when I do.)

Thanks for your assessment.