Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2007, 08:28 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
It is cheaper elsewhere. You can get it here for just over $800 US. Even us normal folks can get it in black.
Or as my wife would prefer to put it, "just five cents under $900." ;-)

Well, either way, it's not in this month's budget for me.

Will

04-26-2007, 02:50 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
"Oly Geeeeezzzz"

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
It is cheaper elsewhere. You can get it here for just over $800 US. Even us normal folks can get it in black.

I will be corrected if I am wrong but I thought Ben got his equipment from Pentax for free as they are sponsoring him.
"Oli Geezzzzz another Kenedien from 'Tario...Whad da yah say weez goes out fer a case of 2-4 at the "Beeere Store" and check out the "Leaf's"? Yah Hozer...Geeezzz I miss talkin like Dat"...How is Tim Horton's doin'?

I was born in Toronto and lived in North York....

Yeah they sent it to me..Yeah true....
04-26-2007, 04:08 AM   #18

that black version looks much better than the silver one (made originally for the ZX/MZ-5/3.
Too expensive for me though....
Congrats!
Looking to see some more pics that shows it's quality.
04-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pleo, The silver 31 also has charm. Sometimes wonder if I should have bought silver instead of black. Maybe the 43.
Congratulations Ben. You may find it hard to take the lens off the camera to use anything else. It will put a tear in the eye of your Canon buddies. Predict you will also ask Pentax for a 43 Limited. Then you will have the 3 amigos. Can't wait to see your images.
thanks
barondla

04-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #20
Forum Member

Be sure to give us a review, I'm a sucker for this stuff. I'll get one, but I'm not a pro, far from it. So, I need a push. I would just like to have your feelings about it. Don't pour vodka in it. I hear that loosens the inter-lens cements.
04-27-2007, 12:28 AM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
...How is Tim Horton's doin'?
"News From Away!"

Tim's dead. Died in 1974. His late wife sold the company. The coffee still tastes awful but must be laced with drugs as 17 million cups are sold daily.

Oh; and the Leafs bombed out of the playoffs in the first round. Shocking, I know.

QuoteQuote:
"Oli Geezzzzz another Kenedien from 'Tario...Whad da yah say weez goes out fer a case of 2-4 at the "Beeere Store" and check out the "Leaf's"? Yah Hozer...Geeezzz I miss talkin like Dat"
Proof positive you can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy!

BTW - I am on business in St. John's, Newfoundland right now; can you mock them for me too? Dey do talk funny here, boy.

I'll talk to my therapist but I think I am suffering from LOE - Lens Ownership Envy. Keep up the good work Ben.
04-27-2007, 02:57 PM   #22
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Only a soft bag for it? At least the Sigma EX's have a solid, cushioned, zipped, solid container.
I would be very happy if I could get one, even with no cloths at all . After all it's the glass not the cushions that matter .

04-29-2007, 05:32 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Overkill

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Pleo, The silver 31 also has charm. Sometimes wonder if I should have bought silver instead of black. Maybe the 43.
Congratulations Ben. You may find it hard to take the lens off the camera to use anything else. It will put a tear in the eye of your Canon buddies. Predict you will also ask Pentax for a 43 Limited. Then you will have the 3 amigos. Can't wait to see your images.
thanks
barondla
I would feel guilty asking them to send me the 43 as I already have the 40...I could see the rational in the 31 as it sits nicely between the 21 and 40 but to say, "Hey guys, I'm missing that crucial 3 more mm", that would be a bit much. They are already committed to getting me the 16-50 and 50-135 as well as the 645D as well as the lenses needed for that when it comes out. I think, I will just count my blessings..

Ben
04-29-2007, 06:22 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ben, understand the thought about 3mm difference. If it helps the pics do look totally different from them. The 40 looks more like a really good lens from any company while the 43 has a rounder, creamy look. More like some Leica lenses. Hey, we use glossy and matt paper to print on and they are the same size! I will probably buy both the 40 and 43. Know others have too. The 40 is such a neat lens. Makes C&N people drool.
thanks
barondla
04-29-2007, 08:35 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Love the Pitch

Ben, understand the thought about 3mm difference. If it helps the pics do look totally different from them. The 40 looks more like a really good lens from any company while the 43 has a rounder, creamy look. More like some Leica lenses. Hey, we use glossy and matt paper to print on and they are the same size! I will probably buy both the 40 and 43. Know others have too. The 40 is such a neat lens. Makes C&N people drool.
thanks
barondla
OK..I may have to plagiarize the pitch you just gave me or just copy paste it to an e-mail i'll send to Pentax...I still feel queazy doing it, but what the heck, they sent me the 31, so why not the 43 as well..Oh yeah and just fro your info, I really love the 12-24 which I prefer to my 21.

Ben
04-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ben, glad to be of service. I seem to be good at justifying camera equipment. You might want to change the part about their 40 looking like everyone elses lenses.
Have been considering the 12-24. Are you saying zoomed to 21 you like it better than the prime 21 or what. Love ultrawides. The 10-17 is only half the solution for me. That lens should be awesome for some wild fashion stuff (as is the 12-24).
thanks
barondla
(going out to play with my pinhole lens)
04-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Very Sharp

Ben, glad to be of service. I seem to be good at justifying camera equipment. You might want to change the part about their 40 looking like everyone elses lenses.
Have been considering the 12-24. Are you saying zoomed to 21 you like it better than the prime 21 or what. Love ultrawides. The 10-17 is only half the solution for me. That lens should be awesome for some wild fashion stuff (as is the 12-24).
thanks
barondla
(going out to play with my pinhole lens)
What can I say..I call a spade a spade...The 12-24 at f4.0 is better IMO than the 21 Limited at 3.2. I was really impressed by the performance of the 12-24. I will use it on my next interior shoot.

Ben
04-30-2007, 09:45 PM   #28

"Oli Geezzzzz another Kenedien from 'Tario...Whad da yah say weez goes out fer a case of 2-4 at the "Beeere Store" and check out the "Leaf's"? Yah Hozer...Geeezzz I miss talkin like Dat"...How is Tim Horton's doin'?

I was born in Toronto and lived in North York....

Yeah they sent it to me..Yeah true....
Not one "eh?" in the whole thing.

I don't believe you're Canadian, eh? Most Canadians couldn't talk if you removed "eh" from their vocabulary, just like most Newfs couldn't if you removed "bye" from theirs.
04-30-2007, 10:41 PM   #29
Inactive Account

What can I say..I call a spade a spade...The 12-24 at f4.0 is better IMO than the 21 Limited at 3.2. I was really impressed by the performance of the 12-24. I will use it on my next interior shoot.

Ben
Pentax SMC-DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited - Photozone Review / Test Report

vs

Pentax SMC-FA 43mm f/1.9 Limited - Photozone Review / Test Report

I have both, and I can tell you that they are vastly different lenses, and that you need the 43.
04-30-2007, 11:07 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rick Quote
Not one "eh?" in the whole thing.

I don't believe you're Canadian, eh? Most Canadians couldn't talk if you removed "eh" from their vocabulary, just like most Newfs couldn't if you removed "bye" from theirs.

Have you heard the old saying about Newfs....
If it has an H in it remove it, and if it doesn't add one in :ugh:

So in other words Camera would be "Camerha", but Hat would just be "at"