Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
KAF2, SDM and an old tele converter

Had a thought,I have a Tamron 1.4x Tele converter, now, this tele-converter has KAF2 mount, it allows power zoom function with my FA 28-105 f4-5.6 PZ, now i have been thinking, as my DA* 50-135 is supposedly due in the next week or two, would this tele converter allow SDM focus with the lens, as it has all the same contacts as the camera mount, and there for has the same as the lens mount, anyone else have any thoughts on this.

04-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I heard some rumour that SDM would work equally fast on pentax tele like F 1.7X. Not too sure on Tamron tele though. This was coming from a forum member living in singapore .
04-27-2007, 12:31 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I heard some rumour that SDM would work equally fast on pentax tele like F 1.7X. Not too sure on Tamron tele though. This was coming from a forum member living in singapore .
But as far as i know the F 1.7x doesn't have the Kaf2 power contacts, and by being a n F series it would have a KAF mount and there for not be able to power the lens.