Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
Inactive Account

PZ 28-80 - Not Impressed

Took my newly aquired Pentax 28-80 on a dive trip with me early this week. This was the first time I had gotten to use any of the auto features of the camera. Although it seemed nice (and easy) at the time, I am not impressed with most of the shots I took. Not sure if that's from the lens quality, or letting the camera decide everything for me. I noticed I lost a lot of shots to the auto focus.

Over all the shots seemed dingy, soft, and had some serious vignetting problems when wide. All of the keepers seem to be closer images (<30) and/or partial/total zoom. Seems the lens just can't handle full wide at all.

06-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That lens doesn't exactly get raving reviews in the review section:

Pentax Lens Review Database - 28-80mm F3.5-4.7

Perhaps add your reveiw as well so as to deter others from buying it?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
auto, camera, k-mount, pentax lens, shots, slr lens, time