Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Help finding a extention tube brand I can order in Canada

Hi there, I've been a advid reader of the forums for some time and found some useful information. I thought I'd create a account today in helps of finding extention tubes.

I know Kenko used to make them but the local store says they are discontinued and non of the stores have any in stock in a long lost shelf. They called the stores distributers and got the response "there are no companies that make them, least that they can order in". So does anyone know any other brands that ship to Canada that I could order extention tubes from. I would prefer ones that have contacts, even if its only for apature control.

Steven

06-03-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hmmm... I did a quick search at the Canadian web sites that I have a note of and nary a trace of extension tubes. I think you may be stuck with waiting for a Craigslist or eBay listing...
06-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
Banned

I bought a set of Extension Tubes from Dealextreme.com in hong kong. Less than 10 bucks. I've only taken a couple of shots but they seem to work ok so far. They are machined aluminum and seem to be of decent quality. I'm not too sure about their 38 dollar battery grip though, it doesn't even have the control wheels!

Pentax Macro Extension Tubes.

Last edited by VaughnA; 06-04-2009 at 08:32 AM.
06-04-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Moved to Lens discussion.

06-05-2009, 02:57 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
It's been a few years but I purchased a set of Kenko tubes at a local camera shop in Sudbury. Sadly, I sold them last year to a guy in France. They failed to live up to my expectations.

I see that TheCameraStore in Calgary sells Kenko for Can-ikon so if asked I'm sure they could get Pentax.
06-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Extention tubes

J.Scott - the main local store here for Camera is McBains and they have a Kenko extention tube for pentax listed in the papers, but apparently Kenko has discontinued making them at all.

My only option is to find someone selling the old Tubes or find another brand. I need one that has the electrical contacts so I could still use all my lens with it. Kenko was one brand...heres hoping I can find another that makes them.

Steven
06-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #7

Does anyone know any other brand which makes an AF extension tube, and who sells them? I just searched, too (in the US) and could not find any.

06-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #8

Photos: Gallery
Had the same problem in Australia and ended up getting a set of auto tubes from Poland at a very good price
06-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sprint06 what was the brand name you purchased from Poland?