Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Greetings all!!!

Hello and i must say im very excited to be apart of the pentax world.

ive been shooting nikon for a few years and decided to make the jump to the k10d and im very very pleased with results.

i do have a question however, im not to keen on the different lens mounts and what not, but in looking on craigslist today i came across this:

3 Pentax Lens circa 1970

my question is will these mount on my k10d without the m adapter?

thank you all soooo much and im sure everyone in here wil lbe hearing alot from me !!

06-07-2009, 07:54 AM   #2
Banned

yes they will mount without an adapter. they are all pre-A K mount lenses. though looking at the photos I have to ask, are you seriously considering this purchase? those lenses are in pretty rough shape my friend. the Pentax-M 50mm is worth it I guess, but im not so sure about the other two. you will of course have to use stop down metering to use these lenses. this will be useful if you dont know how to do this already.Shooting manual lenses on Pentax DSLRs « robertsdonovan.com also, if you are in the hunt for lenses I always suggest looking at ur own marketplace here on the forums. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographers-marketplace/

by the way, welcome to the forums.
06-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks for the response!

im kind of considering the purchase i know they're destroyed haha, but yeah id like to get the 50mm

so anything k mount should fit for the future right?

thanks for the welcome too!
06-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by writeswithlightphoto Quote
thanks for the response!

im kind of considering the purchase i know they're destroyed haha, but yeah id like to get the 50mm

so anything k mount should fit for the future right?

thanks for the welcome too!

yes anything K mount. in Pentax land that means anything as far back as marked SMC PENTAX is a K mount lens. Pentax made the switch in 1975. if you go looking for K mount lenses from other manufacturers make sure you avoid any lens for Ricoh cameras labeled PK-R or PKR that means it has a 'Ricoh Pin' which WILL JAM the lens onto the mount.

you can check the lens review database for all the various Pentax and 3rd party manufactured K mount lenses. Pentax Lens Review Database - Main Index