Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #16
Banned

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

by the way there is a full set of 'A' extension tubes on the bay.

Pentax Auto Extension Tube-A - eBay (item 170340747884 end time Jun-09-09 11:37:45 PDT)

06-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got a full set of Panagor "A" contact tubes off Ebay for the equivilent of $50 on Ebay a few months ago .. attached to them was a Pentax F 50mm f1.7
06-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #18
jem

QuoteOriginally posted by richard64 Quote
It says PKA/AF on the tube, but the text says:

"As for AF engine and TTL auto exposure in modern lenses there is no need to worry, it works perfectly well with extension rings while older lenses with mechanical AF engine will work only in manual focusing mode"

Do they have an AF screw or you you have to use "manual focusing mode" ie focus manually?

Richard
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I believe they are describing them as being SDM capable. (SDM only) that's the only thing that would make sense. no screwdrive.
Sorry, no screw drive or SDM contacts. Only auto aperture control. I really don't know where they were made. The 21mm has 'Japan' stamped on it - I doubt it. They are well made though. Here is a picture of the contacts.
06-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #19
Damn Brit

I find that the metering at best only gets you in the ball park. I find that exposure varies greatly from subject to subject when you're dealing with macro like this.

06-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Pentax Auto Extension Tube-A - eBay (item 170340747884 end time Jun-09-09 11:37:45 PDT)
That one is for the Pentax 645 medium format camera and not for 35mm K mount lenses...
06-10-2009, 01:15 AM   #21
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Bit of a digression

QuoteOriginally posted by tcom Quote
As I could not find any "A" extension tube, I finally bought a "Takumar A 2x Tele-Converter" which features all the contacts (unfortunately without the electrical contacts for SDM), and removed the lens. This results in a 26mm extension tube allowing full aperture control.
I did something similar to get my Micro-NIKKOR 55mm onto my K100D. I bought a cheap Nikon/PK adapter for about $20 on E-bay. Removed the glass and hey-presto the lens is on my K100D with the benefit of a 12mm extension tube. (of course I have stop down metering and no body controlled aperture control) I did put the glass back in - once - then I threw it away to save the temptation of doing it again! If you cant buy it make it!!
06-10-2009, 04:06 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster

I bid on it but the seller had a high reserve price that I did not meet. He probably saw the price of the Polish set.

NaCl(I want a set but am not willing to pay that kind of money)H2O

06-10-2009, 04:14 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Creampuff: there were two sets, one 35mm K mount and the other the 645 medium format. I bid on the 35mm set but did not reach the sellers reserve price. Not willing to pay so much, I'll just wait. A set will come along eventually.

NaCl(in the big picture "A" extension tubes are not high on the list)H2O