Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax DA*s for $750 and $830

Just checked out Adorama and the 16-50mm is being pre-sold for $750 and the 50-135mm for $830 with a shipping date of August 2007. I thought these were going for $100 more.

QuoteQuote:
New Item not available yet. Delivery expected to start in August 2007. You can add this item to your shopping cart and as soon as it arrives we will ship it to you.
We do not charge your card for any backordered items
We only charge your card when we actually ship.

04-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Yup, they've been that way for a while.

Of course, a low price on a non-shipping product is a mixed blessing.
04-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The retailers always offer lower prices that what Pentax charges if you order from their store, luckily, but we still have a while to wait...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What the hell happened to the MID MAY delivery dates? From Pentax's lips to vapor hardware??????

I just read in one of the Photomags today and they were also stating that delivery would be in May.

Stephen

04-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #5

Yeah, I noticed the ship date got pushed WAAAAAY back.

Oh well. My father just upgraded to a D200 and offered to give me his D80.

I guess I'll take him up on his offer and my *ist DS will become my backup camera.

By the time the DA*'s are out, I guess I'll keep the lens, since the K10D should be selling $300 by then.

-Ed
04-26-2007, 07:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Pentax Japan recently put out a press release on the delay. Babelfish translates to:

Departure sale day : In late 2007 modification (at the beginning July, the next few days sale schedule)

Reason reason : As time was required for quality guaranty of the principal part of part, since announcing, in order is the order which exceeds expectation substantially in the entire world, to guarantee sufficient shipment quantity.

If someone here reads Japanese and can offer a more precise translation, that'd be great.
04-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Pentax Japan recently put out a press release on the delay. Babelfish translates to:

Departure sale day : In late 2007 modification (at the beginning July, the next few days sale schedule)

Reason reason : As time was required for quality guaranty of the principal part of part, since announcing, in order is the order which exceeds expectation substantially in the entire world, to guarantee sufficient shipment quantity.

If someone here reads Japanese and can offer a more precise translation, that'd be great.
Translation:

We waited to see what the demand would be before ramping up production. We didn't want to get stuck with unsold stocks. But we underestimated our customers again.

-Ed

04-27-2007, 06:08 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edwood Quote
Translation:

We waited to see what the demand would be before ramping up production. We didn't want to get stuck with unsold stocks. But we underestimated our customers again.
I was looking for a translation of the Japanese, not the marketingese. But that works too.
04-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Amazon.com still shows a May Shipping date - of course that and $5.00 will get you a Latte at Starbucks. I spoke to the owner of CameraCanada today whom had just spoken to their Pentax Rep and Edwood's translation was spot on ..

Once Pentax went Digital - vastly underestimated the customer following ...he heard June / July / August - and I only assume it was 2007