Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2007, 06:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Choosing between Kirons... sounds like fun to me.

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

OK, because I can't stay away from ebay, I snatched this up this morning.

75-205mm 3.8. (Unlike last time this one proudly proclaims a Pentax K mount). I couldn't pass it up at that price.

Now, I already have a 70-150mm 3.8. I know there is a lot of overlap in the two lenses. I really like the 70-150mm, but wanted a little more length... my plan is to evaluate the two, and pick the one I like best. I should be able to get the money I payed for this one from either one.

Between this and the SMC 50mm f2.0 that should be arriving today, I hope my LBA subsides a bit.

slinky

04-27-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

grr.. You're like me. LoL trols ebay for the BuyItNow stuff haha. Yup, you should find it a decent lens. Its a close as I can get to a Vivitar S1 for now. I got mine for $40.

Kinda pointless as I have a 200mm f3.5 prime, 135mm 2.8..but I like my vivitars. Argh. I still want the telephoto S1 70-210 to complement my standard S1 28-90.

HAha for the better, I wish you get better but as you discover the possibilities of eBay "BIN" sales, your bank account balance will be the only limiting factor. My only accomplishment thus far is that I've not applied for a credit card which is a good thing.
04-27-2007, 09:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I was watching one auction from a guy that was selling stuff from his aunt. He had no idea what he had: 28mm f2, 50mm f2, Vivitar 70-150mm and 75-205mm, and a flash and a case. It came as I had no extra money for lenses, and the whole lot sold for $86.

Some of the same lenses by themselves are going for $50+. Ebay is all about luck and timing.

slinky
04-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mediaslinky Quote
I was watching one auction from a guy that was selling stuff from his aunt. He had no idea what he had: 28mm f2, 50mm f2, Vivitar 70-150mm and 75-205mm, and a flash and a case. It came as I had no extra money for lenses, and the whole lot sold for $86.

Some of the same lenses by themselves are going for $50+. Ebay is all about luck and timing.

slinky
Dammit! 28mm f2....grrr. Anyways, I'm spent haha. Yea I cringe too when I see crazy deals online. My mean combating force against LBA is that I've made it hard for myself to ebay. No credit card means I must go through my friends.

I'm using my film camera more often so I get some wide angle and big screen viewfinder back.

The things left on my LBA are the Vivitar S1 70-210 (Kiron or Komine...I just want one! haha.) and maybe the Zenitar 16mm fisheye. Anything else..even the Zenitar is too much for me. Just pissed because for all the other mounts, those Vivitars are in excess. Everywhere I look, I see them on sale (buy it now) for like $50 and under for Nikon, Canon FD, Minolta film mounts....everything but Pentax. And I can't afford anything beyond $100CAN as I don't have a job and be able to pay my friends back within reasonable time.

04-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
roy
Inactive Account

this lens has a matched 2x TC that goes with it. i picked up both for peanuts and sold it here. i had the range covered in so many ways i couldn't see keeping it. it was mint. here's a few shots straight out of it that i did for the buyer here. i was quite impressed with it.
HERE
05-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Dammit! 28mm f2....grrr. Anyways, I'm spent haha. Yea I cringe too when I see crazy deals online. My mean combating force against LBA is that I've made it hard for myself to ebay. No credit card means I must go through my friends.

I'm using my film camera more often so I get some wide angle and big screen viewfinder back.

The things left on my LBA are the Vivitar S1 70-210 (Kiron or Komine...I just want one! haha.) and maybe the Zenitar 16mm fisheye. Anything else..even the Zenitar is too much for me. Just pissed because for all the other mounts, those Vivitars are in excess. Everywhere I look, I see them on sale (buy it now) for like $50 and under for Nikon, Canon FD, Minolta film mounts....everything but Pentax. And I can't afford anything beyond $100CAN as I don't have a job and be able to pay my friends back within reasonable time.
I just received an 'A' type Vivitar S1 70-210 Komine f2.8/4.0 with Hoya UV filter in 9+ condition for 75usd, 109cdn including shipping. I have yet to test it outside due to rainy day but in house images on K10D looked pretty good.

Denis
05-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm hoping my Kiron comes today.

I love getting new old lenses...