Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
Forum Member

Still wish Pentax would...

Release a weather-sealed, SDM equipped standard prime. The DA Limited 35/2.8 Macro is great but it's not a regular "normal", nor is it fast enough. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they revised the FA35/2 and released it as an SDM enabled, sealed DA lens.

With the release of the two weather sealed kit zooms, we now know that not every weather sealed lens has to be a DA*, so it's certainly very possible and not completely unlikely.

Fingers crossed and hope someone inside Pentax reads this post.

-AM

06-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #2

To tell you the truth, I dont trust SDM lenses, if I can choose I still prefer FA* over DA* lenses. My DA*50-135mm is great, I know, and works like a charm but there are too many posts around the net with people complaining about a sudden failure on SDM lenses...

In fact thats the reason why I still havent bought the DA*55mm... oh yeah, and focus speed is not that high either.