Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noahpurdy Quote
This lens is top on my lust-list right now.
Thanks for taking time to comment

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I've felt that way about hoods as well. It is one of the reasons I like the DA ltd primes. They are so non-threatening that they aren't even taken seriously by observers or subjects.

Gorgeous shot, by the way.
Using a hood (unless if you are in really hostile lighting situation) defies the logic of being a Pentaxian. Getting a huge hood on the Ltd is an idiocrasy and betrayal of its advantage. Or to me an insult. Why? You want to intimidate people with in your face type prof looking equipment , go with Canon or Nikon.

QuoteOriginally posted by xGene Quote
Daniel;
I thought I read somewhere in an ad or a review when the lens first came out that the rear element had been re-designed to allow the light to hit the sensor perpendicularly on dSLR's, although it does not really show on the diagrams above. Otherwise is it in fact the same optical formula. Not that it really matters, this lens is superb!

Love your work!

xGene
Thanks. There is some remote chance and minor change of change in optical formula in later batches of lenses. I think I got the 2rd or 3rd lens in the States –definitely the first batch

Daniel

Last edited by danielchtong; 05-04-2010 at 02:24 AM.
05-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #62
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Lovely little lens, isn't it?

It'd be the perfect complement to the DA* 50-135mm and a handful of primes!
05-12-2010, 06:56 AM   #63

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes. I have both and the complement eachother very well. More expensive than a DA* 60-250mm, but faster. I don't think the zoom can be used for indoor sports. The combo is excellent at it.
05-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love it.

Attached Images

05-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

......and even more!
Attached Images

05-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #66
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't have the DA* 200mm, but I do have the A* 200mm f2.8. It was always in my bag – till I bought an F* 300mm f4.5. Now the 300mm goes in the bag for "Don't know what'll happen today"-preparedness. The 200mm stays at home, except when I go to indoor concerts or other events. It's a marvellous lens for those occasions, and I wouldn't like to be without it. But I understand why people buy the DA* 300mm first. 200mm have become a focal lenght for special occasions. For portraits it's simply wonderful, like Daniel shows.

When I was in Africa, I didn't have the 300mm, but even the 200mm was a bit too much:

The focal length does well at the zoo:

Attachment 62094

And of course at indoors concerts:

The lens definitely has it's place, and if I didn't have the A* variety I'd get the DA*. But first I'd go for the DA*300mm, and that's what I believe others have done too.

Kjell

Last edited by bilybianca; 02-19-2012 at 10:07 AM.