Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Macro's

Having finally gotten my hands on the great long prime I had been looking for
(FA*300 ), my next search is for a top quality lens for macro shooting. I have a Super-Macro-Takumar 4/50, but would like something maybe a little faster and a little longer (100mm?).

I'm open to suggestions...

11-03-2006, 06:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The D-FA 100mm is an excellent macro.

These threads may prove useful as well:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/289-100mm-macr...ght=macro+lens

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/629-one-better...ght=macro+lens

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/635-macro-photogra...ght=macro+lens

Remember to use the search feature to your advantage!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-03-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

no suggestions but good for you on the 300. did you post any shots with it?
11-05-2006, 08:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I have a Tokina AT-X 90mm which is a really nice lens. Totally manual, of course, but I prefer that for macro. Don Allison over at dpreview just got one and has been raving about it. Without the macro extender, it's a really nice portrait lens and does a fine job as a 1:2 macro, with the extender it's 1:1. I don't know how easy they are to find, but if you ever stumble on one, grab it!

Julie

11-05-2006, 08:22 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Tom,
The D FA 100mm f4 1:1 is a great lens as is the D FA 200mm and as Julie said the ATX 90mm with the extender is also a good lens . depending on what you want to spend You could find the A 100mm f4 1:1 for around $150.00 I found one here at my local shop and I think it will do me very well for a while untill I'm ready to move up to the 200mm.

Good hunting and good luck. I know you'll love this lens and what it can do.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David