Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #1

Place to rent a pentax Lens in the UK?

Does anyone know where would I be able to rent a Pentax lens in the UK? Peferably in London

06-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #2

That would be really nice to know actually. It would be nice to play with some high-end glass.

Then again, being in London you're quite lucky to be able to even *buy* lenses instore (srs microsystems are meant to be good - I've got a couple of lenses on order with them at the moment).

Here in Leeds not a single camera shop that I've found even stock Pentax. Dale Photographic, who are excellent for Canikon told me their price just wouldn't be competetive because they would need to order Pentax in specially for me, and they didn't even bother quoting me the actual values.

Last edited by PolishMike; 06-20-2009 at 02:01 PM.
06-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PolishMike Quote
That would be really nice to know actually. It would be nice to playw ith some high-end glass.

Then again, being in London you're quite lucky to be able to even *buy* lenses instore (srs microsystems are meant to be good - I've got a couple of lenses on order with them at the moment).

Here in Leeds not a single camera shop that I've found even stock Pentax. Dale Photographic, who are excellent for Canikon told me their price just wouldn't be competetive because they would need to order Pentax in specially for me, and they didn't even bother quoting me the actual values.
London camera exchange have pentax DA* lens in stock, the are 2nd hand but you can ask them to send to their leeds branch
06-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #4

Thanks m42geo, that's good to know. Their used prices are a bit steep, it has to be said - 10% cheaper than new on DA* glass - I'd rather have the full warranty...

Actually, there isn't a LCA in Leeds is there? I just searched on their site and the closest to my postcode is Manchester. Might have been closed down for all I know - only been in Leeds for a couple of years.