Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Anyone had experience with Fujinon m42 lenses?

I'm asking because I just got one (Fujinon 55/1.8) - and it's got problems. First of all, its aperture ring, when mounted on a K10D, is pushed right against the body (unlike other lenses, where between the ring and actual mount, there is some distance - and ring turns freely) and just doesn't nudge when mounted. You can sort of see from the picture attached that the rim of aperture ring is on same "level" as the rest of the mount.
Also, there's no auto-manual switch, but that's gonna matter only after I solve the first issue.

Any suggestions what to do? I don't have dremels, drills, etc etc, so it'd be cool if there was a relatively easy solution...

Bo.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
06-19-2009, 06:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Bo,
not knowing this lens 'in person', I suggest you try the following:

I hope it has got screws at the back which you can unscrew.

Lift off the mount carefully straight up (lens sits on the table like on your pic). Be careful with the pin and other stuff that might be engaged with that ring.

The aperture ring should be ready to lift now. Be carefull, there will be a ball and a spring popping out (might put the whole thing in a plastic box or something before).

If you have managed to hold the aperture ring in your hand as a separate part, put some sandpaper on a flat surface and sand down the ring in circular, even pressurized motions. Be careful with the dust.

Put a little bit of a cotton swab plastic shaft onto the aperture pin when re-assembling, so that it will be pushed in permanently in the right amount.

Hope some of this is applicable to your lens :-)

Best of success, Georg (the other)
06-19-2009, 06:24 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Something that has worked for me is to put a spacer between the lens and adapter:

I've used a ring made of wire bent to the appropriate radius. You can estimate how thick a spacer you need by unscrewing the lens while it is mounted.

Iowa Dave

PS ignore the superfluous stuff in the image.