Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by marcinski Quote
The rumour is that Samyang will introduce a fast 14mm by the end of the year.
I'd certainly be interested in that!

09-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Does it have a "A" setting in pentax mount?
09-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Everyone that has bought the Samyang 85mm f/1.4 (or opteka, rokinon, bower, polar, etc...) has conformed that it has the "A" setting so I would think this does as well.
09-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #19

Hmm- the opteka focus ring turns in the opposite directions. - These prices are tempting! But which one should I buy- 8 or 6.5?

09-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by chse Quote
Hmm- the opteka focus ring turns in the opposite directions. - These prices are tempting! But which one should I buy- 8 or 6.5?
go for the lowest price shipped, since they are all the exact same lens.
12-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I'll just bump this old thread to point out that there is a good deal right now on the Rokinon version of this 8mm fisheye. It is around $245 shipped at Overstock.com right now, and possibly even less if you link through Bing. It is $270, but on the checkout page, you can enter the promo code 146741 to get 10% off (code should be good through the end of the year). These come in and out of stock on Overstock, and are in stock right now.

At least for me, I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a fisheye lens, so I was leaning towards the Zenitar 16mm fisheye for about $200, since this Rokinon/Samyang/Bower, etc. was generally about $300. But with this discounted price, I'd rather shell out a little extra for the wider field of view and the "A" setting on the Rokinon lens, which is a huge plus.

Rokinon 8mm F3.5 Ultra Wide Aspherical Fisheye Lens for Pentax | Overstock.com
12-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffrey r Quote
I'll just bump this old thread to point out that there is a good deal right now on the Rokinon version of this 8mm fisheye. It is around $245 shipped at Overstock.com right now, and possibly even less if you link through Bing. It is $270, but on the checkout page, you can enter the promo code 146741 to get 10% off (code should be good through the end of the year). These come in and out of stock on Overstock, and are in stock right now.

At least for me, I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a fisheye lens, so I was leaning towards the Zenitar 16mm fisheye for about $200, since this Rokinon/Samyang/Bower, etc. was generally about $300. But with this discounted price, I'd rather shell out a little extra for the wider field of view and the "A" setting on the Rokinon lens, which is a huge plus.

Rokinon 8mm F3.5 Ultra Wide Aspherical Fisheye Lens for Pentax | Overstock.com
I've linked ebay purchase through Bing, how do you do that to thrid part purchases. How do i know whcih serch term will bring the overstock.com bing discount. For eaby, I use Save Big Through Microsoft bing.com(live.com) Cashback Program for eBay. Get Cashback Update Alerts/Notifications. Get Hot Deals. Save Big Money. - CashBackR to get serch terms, is there a similar site for overstock.com and amazon.com?

Thank you.
12-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
I've linked ebay purchase through Bing, how do you do that to thrid part purchases. How do i know whcih serch term will bring the overstock.com bing discount. For eaby, I use Save Big Through Microsoft bing.com(live.com) Cashback Program for eBay. Get Cashback Update Alerts/Notifications. Get Hot Deals. Save Big Money. - CashBackR to get serch terms, is there a similar site for overstock.com and amazon.com?

Thank you.
Overstock is actually a Bing cashback "store". So on the Bing homepage, once you are signed in, you click on "Shopping" on the left hand side. Then on the page that takes you to, you click on "cashback stores" towards the top left. You'll find Overstock listed alphabetically (currently 3-15%--not sure what qualifies for what discount). By the way, getting the cashback in addition to using a coupon is a YMMV thing, but worth a shot.

12-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffrey r Quote
Overstock is actually a Bing cashback "store". So on the Bing homepage, once you are signed in, you click on "Shopping" on the left hand side. Then on the page that takes you to, you click on "cashback stores" towards the top left. You'll find Overstock listed alphabetically (currently 3-15%--not sure what qualifies for what discount). By the way, getting the cashback in addition to using a coupon is a YMMV thing, but worth a shot.
Thanks....................
12-31-2009, 12:32 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Got my Rokinon 8mm Fisheye today. What a nice lens for the price. Interestingly enough, this morning I woke up to snow falling outside, so I picked up my camera with the DA 70 limited attached, and took a shot outside. This is that shot:

Then, this afternoon the Fed Ex truck showed up with my fisheye lens. I took off my DA 70 and popped the fisheye onto my camera. Stood in the same spot as I was in for the earlier DA 70 shot, but this is what I got with the fisheye:

I can tell this new lens will open up some new interesting possibilities with photography for me. The Rokinon/Samyang/etc. feels very solid, and I love having the "A" setting on the lens.
12-31-2009, 02:12 PM   #26

Photos: Albums
Great Jeffrey! Congrats on your new lens!

Did you buy it from the ebay store in the beginning of this thread?

We hope to see more shots with that!
08-25-2010, 09:38 AM   #27

Bumping this thread to ask a question.
Is it possible (in the same price range) to get a super wide angle THIS WIDE without the fisheye effect?
08-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #28
emr

Probably not. But the picture can be de-fished up to a point in post processing.
10-19-2010, 08:25 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Just ordered mine in sweden, 1990kr ~$290