Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2009, 05:30 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hanimex 28mm f2.8 'a' lens ??????

this fell into my lap.... as a cautious pentaxian, i'm asking my friends if they have any experience with this lens... and also.... the 'pins' at approximately 11am and 1pm positions.... similar to the dreaded to ricoh pin??????

06-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
this fell into my lap.... as a cautious pentaxian, i'm asking my friends if they have any experience with this lens... and also.... the 'pins' at approximately 11am and 1pm positions.... similar to the dreaded to ricoh pin??????
The 11am pin is OK. That is the pin for the "A" functions. The 1pm pin is a Ricoh-type pin, but probably rounded enough so it won't be a problem.
06-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had a M42 version of this lens - it was destined to be a gift to my brother in law. It's a nice lens, focuses close and has little distortion. Space and bokeh are very neutral. Ultimately there are better lenses but this sure gets the job done - I kind of miss it.
06-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I bought one!

I found one in a pawn shop for about $10, I bought it so that I could cannibalize the mount, it's now on my Nikkor 24. The aperture ring came off nice and cleanly and I use that portion as a 10mm extension ring for another lens. I saved all the screws and springs and bearings, never know when you will need some spare thingy!

But I never got around to trying out a test pic with it before disassembling it..

Oh, but before buying it, I made the employee mount it on one of their pentax cameras to make sure that the mount was correct. I'm not sure if they made identical versions for both Pentax and Ricoh, but the mount works fine on the Nikkor mounted on my K20D.