Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Has anyone tested the DA 35 vs. the CZJ Flektogon 35mm f/2.4?

I bought a Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f/2.4 lens in part to assuage my desire for the DA35 macro, thinking that the FF compatibility and extra half stop might make up for the whole m42 adapter thing and lack of AF. The Flektogon is a great lens, with approx. 1:2 macro as well as being an a nice "normal" focal length for strolling around. IQ seems about equal to the DA 40, which I think is good news for both lenses. Still, I definitely miss some shots trying to focus manually, and I am still tempted by the DA35 (less so since it's price went up $100, but it's there). Has anyone compared the two lenses directly? Anyone who has both care to do so?

Thanks! Nick

06-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Hmmm... no one has boyth these lenses, or had them in serial? I guess they are redundant, but we are kings of LBA are we not?