Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Obsidian Creek Camera Club

I'm thinking of starting the Obsidian Creek Camera Club. Last Thu I was composing an image on the bank of Obsidian Creek near Roaring Mountain in Yellowstone. When I stood up I lost my balance and fell in with a K20 and my M 100mm f/4 macro. The weather sealed K20 is fine but the macro may be done for. Obsidian Creek is a hot water creek with underground steam vents. However June is the time of maximum snow melt and the temperature is at its lowest so it was like warm bath water instead of possibly scalding. Lots of living organisms live in it and the banks are like peanut butter so I needed assistance to get out. Fortunately I was with a Yellowstone Association photography class so help came pretty quickly. I didn't get a chance to flush the lens with fresh water so the front element is covered in muck that wouldn't come off and I didn't want to wipe it for fear of scratching it. I've sent the lens off to Eric although he wasn't too optimistic. The mud in the creek is mighty odoriferous so I had to donate my clothes to science and I may yet have donate my hiking boots as well. BTW, no new members are needed or suggested!

06-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
So where's the photo? You did get the photo, right?

That sure is one club I'm glad I'm not a member of. Although I am a member of another club that no one wants to be in: The "FLUSH... Where did my phone go?" club.