Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2009, 04:07 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Fogging Lenses

It is summer time in southern Indiana and that means both heat and humidity. Not complaining particularly, but when I take my camera from my air conditioned house, I immediately get steaming up of my lenses. I have been taking a lens cloth with me and just wipe the front element periodically, but I wondered if anyone has any tips for avoiding or limiting this effect.

06-25-2009, 04:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Perhaps a silly question, but when the lenses have been out doors for a while do they stop steaming up? If that's the case then perhaps they should acclimatise, the old cool versus heat and humidity might well be causing the steam up.
06-25-2009, 04:33 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a normal.

In fact, it has always been recommended to let your camera acclimatise to the surroundings, not just air conditioned to outside, but from cold outside to inside etc, before use.

You should wait about 10-20 minutes before using the camera in a new environmental condition to avoid this.

The same holds true for in and out of your car
06-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I guess I should move somewhere with low humidity since I am not going to keep my lenses outside. It does get better after I have been outdoors for fifteen minutes.