Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #16
Voe
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ltdstar Quote
the two photos that you took are different, one is 1/50sec and the other is 1/90sec...if you want to test a lens you should shoot it in manual and have same setting on both lens...
If you read my post you will see that the photos were taken at different time and thus the difference in the amount of light and exposure speed.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
...and put it on a tripod and focus manually. The last point is absolutely mandatory unless you want to test the AF system and not the lens. If there are some sharpness problems, try focus bracketing...

You can see on both images where the DOF is.

06-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I always get a lil bit turned-off if something is made in Vietnam. all the products that I had seen that's been made in vietnam seems to be poorly designed. not an speculation but first-hand observation. atleast the ones that are made in China are getting better, unless you get those counterfeits.

Last edited by Pentaxor; 06-27-2009 at 12:07 AM.
06-26-2009, 11:46 PM   #18
Veteran Member

This is "normal"evolution course. First items on the production line are top quality, folowed by "improoved" ones. Cheap to make and hard to get rid of.

Should not be the case with our Limiteds though
06-27-2009, 12:18 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I always get a lil bit turned-off is something is made in Vietnam. all the products that I had seen that's been made in vietnam seems to be poorly designed. not an speculation but first-hand observation. atleast the ones that are made in China are getting better, unless you get those counterfeits.
Care to elaborate? And which of these things were both made and designed in Vietnam?

Made in Vietnam

06-27-2009, 12:57 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Care to elaborate? And which of these things were both made and designed in Vietnam?

Made in Vietnam

the dress.
06-27-2009, 01:12 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I know, Voe. I was very sad to discover that in your house the other day. Keep me updated what happened.
06-27-2009, 05:44 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I have no problem with stuff made in Vietnam. The vietnamese are very hard working and QC issues happen even with stuff made in japan.

There's even a lot of top-quality chinese made stuff. Iphones are made in China and we don't see people complaining about them. But the cheap stuff is just garbage.

06-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #23
Veteran Member

the sade thing is that a poorly designed item is being sold expensive or the same as that of a highend product. one particular example are shoes.

I love shoes, especially Nikes. and what I have noticed is that there is really a significant difference as to shoe QC. how the shoe was threaded, glued, materials used, etc.... etc.... and yet the price remains the same by virtue it is a Nike. they say that they are not counterfeits but just manufactured in Vietnam. but the way how the shoe looks and feels when you wear them is like wearing a crappy counterfeit shoe. this is just one example. I could still point out other goods as well from electronics, etc...

btw, in my experience, China made products are now better. the Vietnam made items have the same problems when China started manufacturing international goods, >>> POOR QC !!!
06-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #24
Veteran Member

The two big things that I own that were made in Vietnam, my printer and my 18-55 lens, have been phenomonal. I've had more trouble with my Chinese made iPhone.
06-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #25
Veteran Member

the sade thing is that a poorly designed item is being sold expensive or the same as that of a highend product. one particular example are shoes.

I love shoes, especially Nikes. and what I have noticed is that there is really a significant difference as to shoe QC. how the shoe was threaded, glued, materials used, etc.... etc.... and yet the price remains the same by virtue it is a Nike. they say that they are not counterfeits but just manufactured in Vietnam. but the way how the shoe looks and feels when you wear them is like wearing a crappy counterfeit shoe. this is just one example. I could still point out other goods as well from electronics, etc...

btw, in my experience, China made products are now better. the Vietnam made items have the same problems when China started manufacturing international goods, >>> POOR QC !!!
Do you understand the difference between design and manufacture?
06-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #26
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Spot on. It shows that Pentax have no plans for discontinue them in the near future....

My guess is that the Japan made FA Limteds will in the future reach astronomical prices on e-bay. Particularly the early batches; those that came with different color leather lens bags: A brown for the 43mm, Green (77mm), and red (31mm)....
do they have other colours now???
I bought my 31 just in January but it was one of those with red bag.
06-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Do you understand the difference between design and manufacture?

yes I do. but in anyway, you still get my point, righT?
06-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
do they have other colours now???
I bought my 31 just in January but it was one of those with red bag.

At least the 43 and the 77 came with black bags awhile after introduction...
06-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #29
Veteran Member

yes I do. but in anyway, you still get my point, righT?
Yes, I just don't agree. Every country manufactures both good and bad products. I've seen excellent workmanship come out of Vietnam and crap come out of Japan. I've seen some especially bad workmanship on US-made products. There is no way I would make a blanket statement about a certain country having poor QC on manufactured goods. It just isn't that cut and dried.
06-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Yes, I just don't agree. Every country manufactures both good and bad products. I've seen excellent workmanship come out of Vietnam and crap come out of Japan. I've seen some especially bad workmanship on US-made products. There is no way I would make a blanket statement about a certain country having poor QC on manufactured goods. It just isn't that cut and dried.
I understand. but personally speaking, as long as I don't see any improvement as to how the item is manufactured in Vietnam, my decision stands. I do accept the fact the there are badly manufactured or defective goods coming from well-known and high standard countries, but the ratio are minimal.

China also had that kind of a problem before because they had this thinking of mass production at the expense of QC. they though that they could compete numbers to quality. later realized that product recall or customer complaints and dissatisfaction would cause a problem. atleast now they have are aware and improved their products but not totally.

I'm also hoping that Vietnam would improve their products, because people pay good money on items that are supposed to be quality standard. I don't mind it though if they sell it cheap.