Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Helios-40 "B" Question

Hi All,

I've been considering picking up a Helios-40; I'd like to have the 40-2, but I would be OK with the original version as well. If I do opt for the older model, however, I would strongly prefer the so-called "B" model - the aluminum version with the rotating tripod mount. (I'm not willing to take a chance on a fixed tripod mount in an application that requires two adapters, and I do expect to use the lens on a tripod more often than as a handheld.)

If I wind up with a 40 "B", I'll be using it on an *istDL; and that's where my question comes in. Judging by eye, the rearmost part of the lens - particularly the mighty rotating tripod ring - seems extremely wide, and I have concerns about clearance between the camera's flash/prism and the lens.

I've seen references to the 40 "A" and the 40-2 being successfully used on the *istDL, but not the 40 "B". Has anyone tried this combination? Any issues?

Thanks!

Jon

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
helios-40, k-mount, lens, model, pentax lens, question, slr lens, tripod, version