Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #1

Help! DA* 50-135 not focusing

I purchased the DA* 50-135mm in February. I've never been especially pleased with the focusing, as it was hit or miss. Yesterday, I went to shoot at the park, and it would only focus half the time--The other half of the time, it would make a very quiet clunk noise, and not do anything. If I switch to manual focus on the lens, it works moving towards the minimum focus distance, but the closer I get to infinity, and then twist counter-clockwise, the focusing numbers in the window stop moving, and the focusing ring grinds slightly. I've tried cleaning the contacts, but it has not helped. Interestingly enough, when I mount the lens on my K100D, it works via screw-drive, but when I mount it back on my K20D, it acts up again. I have the DA*300, and the SDM works perfectly on the K20D, and all my other screw-drive only lenses work on the K20D as well, so I don't think it's the body. Is my lens broken, and if so, how do I send a lens in for warranty repairs? I bought it through prodigital2000, and i've printed off an eBay receipt. Is this all I need for proof of purchase? How long does it take for pentax to repair a lens? Any help would be greatly appreciated

07-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Black Magic Quote
Is my lens broken, and if so, how do I send a lens in for warranty repairs? I bought it through prodigital2000, and i've printed off an eBay receipt. Is this all I need for proof of purchase? How long does it take for pentax to repair a lens? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Answers are, YES, YES, and around 3 weeks.
07-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks RawheaD for your quick response. Looks like I'll be sending it in.