Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Good to see this thread revived with more comments and pictures!

@bbluesman...great wide-open shot showing the "interesting" bokeh in all its glory!

Steve
Thanks Steve agreed. That lens sat in my bag for a while. Now that I have my eye more at the ready I'm going to use that much more. Not sure if I'd say better than my M 50mm 1.7 but certainly different and nice color rendering.

Here's another shot I'm pleased with from that session:
Recliner

08-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Since this is the thread talking about the xr rikenon F2.0 that Google gives me as its second hit, I will post my finding about this lens here. I've just gotten two of these. The XR Rikenon F2 without addition and the L version. The difference on first sight is, that the regular version is metal en the L is plastic with metal mount. The L doesn't have any kind of distance scale and its close focussing distance is probably about 55cm, as opposed to the 45cm of the regular version. It feels a bit shoddy. Focussing is noisy and a bit rough, the regular metal xr is built very well and focusses smoothly. I've yet to test iq.

Look mum! No scale!

Last edited by D1N0; 08-02-2012 at 08:36 AM.
08-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Since this is the thread talking about the xr rikenon F2.0 that Google gives me as its second hit, I will post my finding about this lens here. I've just gotten two of these. The XR Rikenon F2 without addition and the L version. The difference on first sight is, that the regular version is metal en the L is plastic with metal mount. The L doesn't have any kind of distance scale and its close focussing distance is probably about 55cm, as opposed to the 45cm of the regular version. It feels a bit shoddy. Focussing is noisy and a bit rough, the regular metal xr is built very well and focusses smoothly. I've yet to test iq.

Look mum! No scale!
That's odd because I have the same lens (XR Rikenon 50mm 1:2 L) and it has a distance scale. (See crappy cell phone pic posted below.) This lens came with the Ricoh KR10 I bought back in 1978. I remember it being quite sharp, which is why I am going to see if I can find an adapter that will enable me to hang it on my current camera.

Funny, it doesn't look that dusty in person. I think I caught the light just right to show off every spec!)

08-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Apparently the distance markings are easy to rub off (or so I read somewhere). I see no evidence of them ever have been there at all thoug, and they didn't manage to rubb of the glue of the passed/JC sticker. The S versions seems very similar (if not the same) to the Lversion (plastic). Both lenses are quite sharp.

Last edited by D1N0; 08-13-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: typo