Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #1

FD to Pentax Mount

Can't find an adapter anywhere, not even sure if it's possible, but got an old FD lens that I may want to mount on the K-7 as a backup lens, but again, can't find a mount/adapter ring.

Closest thing I found was FD to Pentax M42 screw mount.

07-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The old FD mount has a too short registration distance = the lens cannot focus to infinity on a Pentax camera. So, only macro lenses and accessories, might be interesting. Otherwise one may conceive an adapter with an integrated correction lens to preserve infinity focus, but these are usually of very low quality (or would be so expensive, that it doesn't make sense at all).

Ben
07-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
The old FD mount has a too short registration distance = the lens cannot focus to infinity on a Pentax camera. So, only macro lenses and accessories, might be interesting. Otherwise one may conceive an adapter with an integrated correction lens to preserve infinity focus, but these are usually of very low quality (or would be so expensive, that it doesn't make sense at all).

Ben
Had on old EOS mount 35mm and just held it up to the camera actually - the image could focus ,but not to infinity...pics looked awful (I also can't change aperture without the pin engaging from the actual fD mount LOL).

Out of focus, probably from my hand shaking, and overexposed/flat, probably from light leaking in LOL.
07-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
emr

There must be lots of great unused FD glass around. They say that with a suitable adapter, the lenses could be used on a (Panasonic or Olympus) micro four thirds body. Perhaps it's time for a second camera if you have very good lenses?

07-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
There must be lots of great unused FD glass around. They say that with a suitable adapter, the lenses could be used on a (Panasonic or Olympus) micro four thirds body. Perhaps it's time for a second camera if you have very good lenses?
Doubt it, but then again, it was 99 cents on ebay, can't complain.

Well I do plan on getting a GH1 eventually, into the cupboard until then

Don't even know who made the lens, no markings. Just a 28-80mm 3.5 Macro with push zoom and made in Korea...

But may be a nice walkaround lens for personal use so I can leave the expensive stuff at home.

Any guesses? Albinar?