Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Similar to the hiking question but attending Week Long Webelos Camp, which lens??

Hi everyone,

Like the title suggests. This is a similar question as the hiking question but which lenses to take to cover a week long Cub Scout Webelos Camp. The boys will be hiking of course, but they will be doing archery, bb guns, swimming, crafts, nature, etc. Don't have room to take everything. Have *16-50, 18-250, 12-24, 80-320 and maybe a couple of primes if they come in on time, everything is true Pentax brand lenses. By the way the primes would be a 21 and a 43 but like I said they may not come in on time. I have a K200D. I will bring a polarizer filter to cover the water issue with whatever lens or lenses I do bring.

As always everyone thanks for your help its greatly appreciated.

Kevin

07-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You'll be running around trying to keep up with the kids. If it were me, I would probably stick the 18-250 on and leave the rest at home. It'll be dusty, so the fewer lens changes the better. And the action changes so fast with a herd of Weebles that you might need that superzoom to catch it... At least it did when we went to camp with ours (quite a few years ago...)

Jim
07-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
18-250! Ain't gonna be anything you'll post as art there but a lot you'll want as family history. Go for the universal solution and catch it all. Just take pictures of the kids and son't worry about the lens -- they won't care.

H2