Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My daughter's birthday, but I got a present...

Yesterday it was my daughter's birthday, but my 50mm f2 arrived in the mail. So, I broke it out and took some birthday pics, like this one of some birthday cake.

This is the fastest lens I own, and I actually had to stop it down in lighting that would have been too dark for other lenses. That's not to say all my initial shots were perfectly exposed... but I'm liking it, a lot.

05-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Forum Member

That is really good. And it is not because I love Angel Food cake. I guess it was with your *DS. Which 50mm is it? At the moment I have one sitting in the photography room, it is the M series. Everyone says it's unsharp. I bought it for my son with a K1000 about twenty years ago. I'm going to get him something (Pentax) new, but in exchange I wanted the K1000 and the F2.
05-03-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, it's the M series on my DS. Sounds like the same lens. I've had it 24 hrs, but really am thinking it will fast become my favorite.
05-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is so beautiful!
I know some people are going to think it is dark, but this shot is right up my alley...
only this type of lighting can do your daughter's moment justice

nice work!

randy

05-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmmm... I need to adjust my laptop screen. I just looked at this image on my work screen and, while still good, I do think it is darker on this screen. My laptop was a bit brighter. My work monitor is the one I use for video work, etc... so I should be seeing a truer representation of brightness. Time for some pp.
05-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Looks good on my computer.

Sounds like a happy birthday for everyone!