Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2009, 01:05 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Psynema Quote
I'd love to get a 35mm...I'm just so confused as it's not much different than a 31mm limited as far as focal length goes and has macro (hard to justify getting both).

I may just get a flektogon 35mm macro 2.4 though instead...half price
I doubt this will make you feel any better. I'm going the opposite way: wondering whether I can justify getting an FA31 or FA35 or Sigma 30mm but they're not TOO different from the DA35... haha

My tactic is... buy good glass now (which I know I will use and can use with my K200D), buy great K7 camera later. Lenses don't seem to drop in price, and if your K20D (or in my case, K200D) do the trick, then might as well keep it while the price drops a bit after a few months.

But the K7 is an absolute beautiful camera. Feels more balanced than my K200D, and it's lighter and smaller to boot!

07-11-2009, 01:36 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
I hope you bought the lenses, because these days their prices are nowhere close to what you've described (though maybe you still can find some retailers who have some sense of decency left in them...)
Anyway, if you can get 31 for 600 go for it. It'll worth around 1000 (in used condition) soon.
Peter
Hi Peter...
Well I ordered the 31mm from Amazon for 614 Delivered, it is the Aluminium one but at that price who cares...seems like I got a good deal, I found one place doing it at 699 and everywhere else it was near 800 and upwards...
I've found a seller on Ebay from HK who is doing the 77mm for about 450 delivered and he has lots of good feedback so I may take a chance with that as the next best price I can find is nearly 600.
Thanks,
Mark
07-11-2009, 01:40 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Morb Quote
Hi Peter...
Well I ordered the 31mm from Amazon for 614 Delivered, it is the Aluminium one but at that price who cares...seems like I got a good deal, I found one place doing it at 699 and everywhere else it was near 800 and upwards...
I've found a seller on Ebay from HK who is doing the 77mm for about 450 delivered and he has lots of good feedback so I may take a chance with that as the next best price I can find is nearly 600.
Thanks,
Mark

You will be happy with both those limiteds... and looks like great prices.

cheers

Neil
07-11-2009, 01:54 AM   #19

Original Poster
Thanks.

Here's the link if anyone is interested in the 31mm, I bought the last in stock but they are only quoting a 2-4 week delivery and are still showing the same price:

Pentax SMC 31mm f1.8 FA Limited Lens: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Mark

07-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #20

Original Poster
OK, Just bought the 77mm as well, black one, for 463 delivered (From HK) even if I get stung for import duty, etc. it still makes it cheaper than any of the UK stores.
Credit Card has taken a major bashing this morning but I can only see the prices for these lenses going up if Hoya keep up their current European pricing policy and I think the release of the K7 will create a demand for them as well...
Now I've got to start saving all over again for the K7, fingers crossed I should be able to get it within a year...

Mark