Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #1

Adapting Pentax K mount to EOS

is it possible? I tried googling, but came up short on info. I read somewhere it can't be done with most lenses since there's a pin/thing sticking too far back, but thought I'd double check.

I'm aware the DA lenses won't adapt on a 5D Mark ii, but will the FA limiteds anychance mount?

I've seen cheap adapaters from China on ebay that just say Pentax to EOS, so I don't want to quite risk any lens damage from a foreign ebayer charing 12 bucks for a metal ring

07-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I imagine that you can, you would need to shave (or snip) off the aperture leaver, and you'll often see a tab protecting it that you'll also have to shave off.... although this is usually stuck onto the K-mount, which you'll have to remove anyways.

Then remove the K-Lens mount, and adapt a Canon lens mount to fit the screwholes already in your lens.

In my honest opinion it's rarely worth it. The possible exception being the 77mm limited.

Personally, if I wanted to use Pentax lenses on my Canon I'd get a screwmount adapter for the EOS mount, and just buy some M42 mount lenses.
07-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I know I saw a thread on a German forum wherein a guy adapted a FA 31mm Ltd to his 5D.
07-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I know I saw a thread on a German forum wherein a guy adapted a FA 31mm Ltd to his 5D.
I know you can change the mount permanently, but was hoping there was a temporary/ring adapter of sorts....

07-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/29917-pentax-f...-canon-5d.html
07-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
mount adapter

Bought this adaptor myself directly from Kandai Japan, turns out it was made by Rayqual. It is well made & precise but expensive. Will works on EOS APS-C bodies w/o problem but with 5D, you will need to remove the aperture lever at the rear and the plastic cover on the mount. This is a reversable surgery if you know how. Obviously I am against shaving or cutting off any parts from our nice Limited.