Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hell!

QuoteOriginally posted by GLXLR Quote
Nice weather you have been having ehh?
Houston is burning like hell. Outside was 110 a few days ago and in the attic i measured a boiling hot 135!!!
...Its been raining here for over a month in Eastern Canada,that was a fluke that it was nice out for the pic's and I had to travel and hour and a half to experience it!

07-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Original Poster
LBA!

QuoteOriginally posted by EricT Quote
Hmm, starting to think 16mm is not wide enough for me...thanks for the LBA!
...I just bought the Sigma thinking it would cure the LBA and I am picking up a DA 16-45mm tommorrow to replace the kit lens!.....Where does it end???.lol!
07-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Electric Eye Quote
...I just bought the Sigma thinking it would cure the LBA and I am picking up a DA 16-45mm tommorrow to replace the kit lens!.....Where does it end???.lol!
I've about come to the conclusion that for most people, the desire never ends; it's just a matter of whether or not they've got the funds to indulge it. While many people would take a look at the gear I have in my sig and say that I've got a pretty decent kit, there are still a couple of lenses I might be interested in getting sometime down the road--the Sigma 10-20 and the Tamron 70-200/2.8.

Right now, I've got a photography workshop in the fall that I need to pay for. As for the gear, I'm putting more of my $$$ towards other things that will enhance my shooting experience. I just got a better ballhead + QR plate, but I've also got a Gitzo CF tripod and Bamboo Fun tablet on the wish list, among other smaller things.

Looking at your gear list in your profile, if I was in your shoes, I would definitely upgrade the 70-300 to a better lens in that range, the specific one would depend on your budget and shooting habits.

Heather
07-17-2009, 10:15 PM   #19
Veteran Member

What polariser do you use with the Sigma 10-20mm? How do you find it at 10mm?

07-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
First congrats on what was one of my favorite lenses on my 40D. Next keep an eye on the focus window to watch if it stops focusing to infinity. I have know two others plus myself who has the AF break and stop focusing past 3ft. No big deal Sigma fixed it and tuned ti up right away w/o any question. And it is certainly not a wide spread issue with the lens, none the less it seems to be one of the things that, is something is to go wrong with a copy, it's very likely to be what happens.

So, after a few months or year, whatever, the images suddenly lose their sharpness, odds are pretty good that might be the reason.

Again, it's an SUPER lens and really is a steal of a price. The f3.5 is going to hit the streets at probably about $650ish so, it makes the variable aperture a bargain...plus the new version uses, I seem to recall, an 82mm filter? $$$$pendy!!
07-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CWyatt Quote
What polariser do you use with the Sigma 10-20mm? How do you find it at 10mm?
I have and used this one from this same seller in Hong Kong:
B+W 77mm Kaesemann MRC SLIM Circular Polarizer Filter | MaxSaver.Net (hvStar)?

The used to be hvStar and usually have excellent prices and service.

PS, I hae also used just a plain regualr depth CPL and not had any vignetting issues mounted on a 40D. Still I figured play it safe and when I bought my slim version it was about $60 cheaper. still $137ish is not awful these days.