Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2009, 03:42 AM   #31
Veteran Member

I can second the Vivitar 70-210mm in the M42. I just got one off EBay. Wow that's a great lens. I have no idea how old it is, but the it's good as new. The construction quality is incredible. There are several versions. I wanted the Kiron version because of the macro ratio. I have no complaints about it whatsoever. I suppose it's heavy by today standards. On the other hand, I wonder how many of today's lens will still be in this condition and still perform 20 years from now.

Great buy. The Vivitar 35-85 Series 1 is also a very good lens if you can get used to the variable focus part.

08-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #32

I never used the S-M-C- takumar 1,4/50 before. Great lens. Very small, it reminds me the summilux M 1,4/50.

Ad the vivitar pre-set 1,8/85 t mount. Very good lens too.
08-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #33
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Beswick Quote
It's not unbearably heavy, it's just really heavy for a 70-210 mf zoom. Of course it is a constant f3.5, so it needs a fair amount of glass in it. I guess I'm just acustomed to my suprisingly small quantaray 70-210. It is really quite dainty for a zoom in it's range.

The Series 1 70-210 is a one touch configuration, but it is backwards from what you would expect. 70mm is with the slide all the way out, and the focus turns backwards from a pentax lens.
Yes, I now remember that it was a backwards turn from other lenses. It must have been the same one I had in Canon mount.

I think the one thing I have to really watch carefully is condition of M42 lenses, as I've already had to return 2 of them I got from ebay, one for focusing ring issues and one for fungus. They're definitely not new lenses and it's hard to find perfect copies.