Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Is it possible to mount an old CCTV C mount lens to my k20d?

EDIT: I should have "searched" this forum first, before posting....it looks like it's been discussed before. I would still appreciate in thoughts. Thanks.

Googling the idea has left me more confused than ever, so I thought I would throw this out to my Pentaxian peers.

I had an interesting lens find at a yard sale a month or so ago. Picked up an old Ikeagmi CCTV camera with a couple of lenses for $15. The case it all came in was worth that, I figured.

One of the lenses appears to be a pretty decent bit of glass. It's a Schneider Variogon 1.8/10-100

The pic below is from another site, but I have the exact same unit....right down to the weird bar on the mount.

My question is, can I leverage this on my K20d? It appears I can get an C-mount to K-mount adapter, from googling around. I’m just not sure if the focal lengths fly to allow me to use it. I am also looking to try and figure out if it can be used with my Canon HF100 video camera...but that's another story.

Anyone here have any experience with trying something like this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by WiseOx; 07-15-2009 at 01:00 PM.
07-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Frankly, I think the best way to make use of this lens is putting it on eBay and using the proceed for something else.

C-mount is too small for DSLRs.
07-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Solid advice....I had considered it, but have never sold on eBay before...only a buyer to date....guess it's as good a time as any to start.