Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #1

Dumb lens question

Can I ask without wading through a thousand posts?? I'm just a basic point and shooter who loves my K100D. But I hate changing the lenses (like a good little point and shooter ) and would like a daily driver. I have the two kit lenses and use the 50-200 Pentax DA the most, but naturally have issues when I'm standing close or want to go wider.

I would like one lens that covers the range up to 200mm. I can't exceed the weight of the current 50-200 that I have. I have arthritis in my right wrist and even with a wrist guard on it's too heavy. My local photog store let me borrow a something to 300 during a parade one weekend and I loved it, but I paid dearly for using it - in pain.

If you have any suggestions??? Please just assume you are dealing with one of the dimmer bulbs and be real specific Not breaking the bank is also high on the wish list.

05-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't know how much it weighs, but this lens has a nice range and only costs $50.00
http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/ProductDetail.aspx?groupsku=AP09999077460J&br...&GBC=&GCC=&KW=
KEH should tell you how heavy it is.

I believe that manual focus lenses are usually lighter, but might net be that easy to use when your wrist is bothering you.

Plus for something like a parade you should really try to use a tripod, or at least a monopod whenever possible
05-06-2007, 02:50 PM   #3

Original Poster
Good grief. You are a miracle worker. For $50.00 I can try it and find out. It's auto focus, which is real good for me.

I know I should use a tripod, but I like to to walk around and get stuff from different angles. Cruise night is coming up real fast and I'm looking foward to shooting it.

Thank you so much!

Debbie
05-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I just knew where to look.

Several of us have purchased lenses through KEH, and I don't think that anyone has had any problems through them

05-07-2007, 02:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I don't blame you for not wishing to tote a tripod around. But if relieving the stress on your wrist is a must, then please most definitely consider a monopod. Get one that is sturdy, that extends up to your eye level, and which has an adjustable head so you can easily switch from horizontal to vertical shooting. They're inexpensive, easy to carry around, and look way cool into the bargain. But most of all it will get the load of the camera off your right wrist and still leave you your left hand free to work the zoom.