Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7
p30 & helios 44m metering issue....

hi, i have an p30 with a genuine pentax m42 adapter & helios 44m... for some reason in manual mode no matter what you set the f-stop to it doesn't affect relative shutter speed that is showing (metering wise) in the viewfinder.

i don't have any k mount lenses to test (but i did have & i'm sure the metering was just fine).... i was wondering if anybody thinks this is a adapter problem or the helios?

i have just bought a program A body (which will arrive tomorrow) so maybe i will put the adapter on this body to double check...... or i am doing something stupidly wrong here? :P

07-18-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
Igilligan
Guest




The 44M has a A/M switch. On my K20, if the switch is in A the lens is wide open no matter what the Ap is set to. In M it goes to what ever you set the aperture to. So if I forget and it is in A mode the shutter speed stays the same since the lens is always wide open.

I tend to focus with the switch on A, then meter on M

I dont know if it works the same on the P30 but it is worth a shot...
07-19-2009, 12:43 AM   #3
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
The 44M has a A/M switch. On my K20, if the switch is in A the lens is wide open no matter what the Ap is set to. In M it goes to what ever you set the aperture to. So if I forget and it is in A mode the shutter speed stays the same since the lens is always wide open.

I tend to focus with the switch on A, then meter on M

I dont know if it works the same on the P30 but it is worth a shot...
o.k.... i have just realized what the problem is.... as per this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/40719-helios-44-m-first-test-shots.html

mine too has no A/M switch, but if i hold the pin down manually, then yes, the aperture blades work, so essentially it's stuck wide open at f2.

does anyone have any workarounds for keeping the pin stuck down because when you screw the lens onto the mount nothing on the camera body/mount holds that pin down in place.

cheers!
07-19-2009, 07:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Rense's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zetten - The Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,822
QuoteOriginally posted by echospace Quote
o.k.... i have just realized what the problem is.... as per this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/40719-helios-44-m-first-test-shots.html

mine too has no A/M switch, but if i hold the pin down manually, then yes, the aperture blades work, so essentially it's stuck wide open at f2.

does anyone have any workarounds for keeping the pin stuck down because when you screw the lens onto the mount nothing on the camera body/mount holds that pin down in place.

cheers!
Yep, it's not difficult. Unscrew the back of the lens and be carefull not to loose the iron bullet of the aperture ring [EDIT: this is probably no problem with the Helios]. Then cut off a 2mm piece of electric wire insolation, put it over the pin, and put the back of the lens back in place. There must be a thread with pictures somewhere around, I will look it up for you.


Last edited by Rense; 07-19-2009 at 07:21 AM.
07-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Rense's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zetten - The Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,822
Here it is....
07-19-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Rense's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zetten - The Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,822
And if French is not a problem, also here.... (but the pictures speak for themselves)
07-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #7
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
And if French is not a problem, also here.... (but the pictures speak for themselves)
thank you so much!!!!! perfect!!!!!!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, body, helios, helios 44m, k-mount, p30, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sibling Rivalry: Helios 44M vs. Helios 44M-4 stevebrot Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 36 08-03-2013 09:31 AM
For Sale - Sold: Spotmatic & Yashica TL Electro X (Eric CLA'd), Helios-44M, S-Tak 50/1.4 (World deadwolfbones Sold Items 22 11-12-2010 01:38 PM
Metering issue with kenko 1.5x shq & DA 300mm Stargeezer Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 04-23-2010 06:28 PM
For Sale - Sold: M42 Helios 44M-6 MC 58mm F/2 & Helios 44-2 58mm F/2 donTTouchonlywatch Sold Items 6 12-25-2009 02:16 AM
Sunflowers intimacy A50/1.7 & Helios 44M) Rense Post Your Photos! 14 09-03-2009 11:36 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top