Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
HELP, LensBaby stuck on camera

Ok, So I was out shooting with David today up in Pa. Decided I wanted to use my brand new Lensbaby 3g on my K10D (was on the *ist-D) so I put it on, fit kinda funny, next thing I realized is it went on about 1808 of what it should be, now it will rotate on the mount but not come off. I am planing a trip to the local repair shop tomorrow if nothing.

Anyways, If this has happened to you please let me know what you did to get it off. So far their is about 3hr combined of me, david, and my dad (who can usually fix almost anything like this) and we are all dumb founded
thanks for the help in advance,
BrendanPK

05-07-2007, 05:50 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Do Lens Babies use T mounts? If so sounds like a "stopper screw" has fallen out and allowed the T mount to turn into restricted space. Seems that you could carefully turn the T mount untill the bayonets lined up and it would pull out.
Also possible that the T mount is solidly locked into body like it is supposed to be and the inner ring of T mount is loose and spinning. If so check for 3 small equally spaced screws on the outer T mount body. With a small jewelers screw driver tighten them. Now T mount will turn as a whole and can be released normally. Hope this works.
thanks
barondla
05-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Brendan

What were the final results?
05-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter

The Pentax version of Lensbaby is a true Pentax mount, not a T adaptor. I bought one for my wife, she has yet to use it but I tried it on my K100. On and off several times with no problems. When you wrote