Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2009, 03:41 AM   #1

K-135MM f/3.5 aperture not responsive

I'm a newbie and hope someone can help here.

I purchased a K135 f/3.5 off of ebay and got hosed. The aperture dial doesn't do anything - the blades do not move. The aperture lever cause a very small wiggle in the blades.

The blades are stuck in a stopped down position (smallest opening). Any ideas of how to fix the problem? Or do I need to shoot outside in full light only?

07-21-2009, 03:43 AM   #2

Original Poster
Also, will this ruin my K100d if I use it in "Manual" mode with a stuck aperture?
07-21-2009, 03:49 AM   #3

Original Poster
Also, the aperture dial has free movement and seems fine. It rotates a good ways and then stops and rotates the other way. No stickiness at all.
07-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #4

I think this is posted in the wrong group, it should be in the "Pentax SLR Lens Discussion" group!!

How does the blade looks, are there any grease or oil on them? That can be one cause for them to stick. What happens if you try to move the aperture level gently at the rear of the lens, can you see the blades move?

In the link below you have some info on these matters!?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/44776-disassem...ce-needed.html

Mike

07-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #5

Original Poster
The lens look astoundingly clean for a K version lens. I don't know how to tell if there's grease or oil, but I shined a light and noticed slight discoloration in the tips of the blades. Not sure if that was the reflection of my flashlight or not.

The blades get a tiny bit larger if I move the aperture lever - looking at the rear of the lens.
However, the aperture dial does NOTHING.

Is this common for older manual lens? Surprising since it looks so well-kept and newish.
07-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by joeschmo Quote
The lens look astoundingly clean for a K version lens. I don't know how to tell if there's grease or oil, but I shined a light and noticed slight discoloration in the tips of the blades. Not sure if that was the reflection of my flashlight or not.

The blades get a tiny bit larger if I move the aperture lever - looking at the rear of the lens.
However, the aperture dial does NOTHING.

Is this common for older manual lens? Surprising since it looks so well-kept and newish.
It sounds like you should ask for a refund & return the lens if the seller said it was ok. It is not functioning correctly and is a non-trivial problem to fix most likely.

Ebay should support you on this one.

Dave