Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2009, 08:19 AM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
I don't claim to be an expert in these matters, but I don't think any filter will make the sky bluer..... I think only Mother Nature can accomplish this feat. You can, however, have the sky APPEAR bluer with a Polarizer filter taken at the correct angle.
Don't forget that filters effect the optics and physics. Filters can and do change the light that hits the film plane or sensor. Different kinds of film and senors react to light differently depending on the wavelength etc. To throw a real curve ball to this whole discussion, the human eye is a sensor as is a cat's eye and a horse-fly.

Things "appear" different because the light hitting or not hitting the plane has changed.

Now lets see how many optical engineers and physicists jump in here.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bluer, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, sky, slr lens