Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
all roads lead to Rome

Is that how the saying goes in English?
What do I mean?
Well just abou month ago I got Sigma 100-300/4 used but seemed to be in good condition and it wasn't the DG version. Seemed to be a great lens but most of my shots at f4 were OOF. After doing tests on both K10 & K100 I realised that it wasn't just bacfocusing at f4 but shifting focus between the f stops. (focus + shoot @f4 = OOF, focus + shoot @f8 = in focus, focus @f8 switch to MF open to f4 = in focus).
So I went back and exchanged it for Tammy 70-200 used. Great optics, I really liked the lens. It absolved wedding and did great job. Then this morning I'm taking random pics and the aperture lever got stuck. I helped it be free again but after 5 pics it was stuck again. So I went back to the shop today and asked them what can we do?
They offered full refund but than they pulled out old stock DA*50-135.
Because it was old stock they were willing to trade it for my used Tammy.
So I gave it a quick go and long thought and 30 min later I decided to go for it. Because the TC I bought for the Tammy wouldn't work with DA*, I returned that one too and now I'm on my way home with new DA* with warranty and all, and 80GBP. So after trying Sigma, Tamron I ended up with the shortest but smallest Pentax lens. And it'll only gain on value
so yes, all roads lead to Rome I believe

BR
Peter

07-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Jammy b$%tard!
07-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, luck seems to be on your side!

Congratulations, Peter.