Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Miranda lens?

hello, does anybody hear about Miranda 35-70mm f/3,5-4,8 macro zoom lens? it is for Pentax K. Does this mean it could be ok on k20d? It is any good?

please answer; any opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Edi

07-23-2009, 06:06 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
nobody? no sign?
07-23-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Miranda was a brand of both cameras and lenses. As far as I know, no "true" Miranda cameras were made in K-mount, though Cosina K-mount cameras re-badged as "Miranda" were sold in the UK in the 1980s. One of these models, the MS-2, came with a 35-70/3.5 zoom as the kit lens.

So the answer is that your lens was probably made by Cosina in the late 1980s for sale under the Miranda name in the UK. I should work on your camera. See your manual and these two threads for details on how to use this lens on your camera:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/60081-usage-green-button.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/59272-shooting-...x-dslrs-f.html
There is more about Miranda cameras here:

Miranda Camera Home Page
Steve
07-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thank you for this informations; i find them very usefull.
Edi

07-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
Pentaxian

My first SLR was a Miranda. It had a bayonett mount all its own with an external linkage arm to work the aperture. They won't fit anything else. Too bad as they were very good lenses, at least mine were. Another company used the name in the 80's but they didn't last long. The origional Miranda was part of the same company ( Allied Impex) that also made and sold Soligor lenses.
07-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
My first SLR was a Miranda. It had a bayonett mount all its own with an external linkage arm to work the aperture. They won't fit anything else. Too bad as they were very good lenses, at least mine were. Another company used the name in the 80's but they didn't last long. The origional Miranda was part of the same company ( Allied Impex) that also made and sold Soligor lenses.
Allied Impex sold and maybe designed lenses but they never made a lens nor did there top competitor Ponder & Best known for the Vivitar Brand name. Many of the Soligor lenses were made by Tokina and maybe even some by Mamiya.

The Miranda brand went defunct and was revived by Cosina in name only as pointed out by Steve.