Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Big G Quote
I suppose you could try to de-fish the Pentax, but I reckon you're going to lose a fair amount of image quality. Both are great lenses, they just have different uses.

Edit: you may want to look at this review:

Pentax SMC DA 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 ED[IF] Fisheye - Review / Test Report - Analysis

Resolution figures at 10mm aren't that great plus this review touches on the nasty CA and PF that this lens exhibits.
Pf is also sensor dependent (sensor blooming). Photozone tests on the k10. The k10 shows much more pf than my kx with the 10-17 and the fa77.

I agree that defishing is no real alternative for a rectilinear super wide.
A fisheye is nice for extreme wide views. In landscapes one can get great results with the horizon in the middle and cropping a part of the sky or foreground away.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
10mm, barrel, distortion, eye, fish, k-mount, lens, pentax, pentax lens, sigma, slr lens