Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Silver Limiteds finish durability

Are the silver Limiteds less durable finish wise? Is the silver painted or anodized or what? Considering a silver 43 to go with my black 31 and 77. Thought it would be neat to have a silver lens. Worried about the lens aging fast in silver.
thanks
barondla

05-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #2

I had a silver 77 to go along with my black 31 for a short period & from what I could tell the silver holds up better in terms of scratch resistance.

Although the 31 had a lot more use in the time I had it, the silver had a previous owner & I think it was quite old.

If you can handle having a silver lens on the front of your camera then go for it!
05-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
So did you sell the silver because you didn't like it being silver? Did you replace it with a black one? Have silver Leica lenses that look kind of cool on black M4P. Thought this would be similar. Maybe not.
thanks
barondla
05-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

haha use the 43mm Ltd on a Silver DL or DS body. :P

05-09-2007, 02:39 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
So did you sell the silver because you didn't like it being silver? Did you replace it with a black one? Have silver Leica lenses that look kind of cool on black M4P. Thought this would be similar. Maybe not.
thanks
barondla
No I sold it because I didn't use it much - it does look pretty cool on a black body though.
05-09-2007, 04:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Silver seems more resistant to paint loss and wear and tear.

My 43 and 31 were both silver and they were used a lot in my daily lives. My 77 ltd is of black finish and it seems to have more little scratch marks than the silver ones.

But I have grown a fond feeling towards silver looks. Quite sleek and unique I guess. I am not keen to sell these limiteds anyway so the passion to get "black" Fa ltd lenses are not a problem for me to get better resale vaules