Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2009, 08:51 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm actually amazed by this thread.
If you tried something like it in the Canon or Nikon world I imagine that you'd have several posts saying that Sigma Lenses Suck, and so on.
I'd be surprised if most people actually admitted they liked the Sigma shot better.

Personally I won't judge between your photos. They both have their own appeal to me.

Although I don't own a Sigma 17 - 70, I have used one on my Sigma SD14, and loved it.
In my opinion the image quality is tough to beat for a budget lens.
If I wasn't hooked on (mostly) Pentax primes on that camera I'd seriously consider buying one.

07-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Although I don't own a Sigma 17 - 70, I have used one on my Sigma SD14, and loved it.
In my opinion the image quality is tough to beat for a budget lens.
The Sigma is an excellent all-around lens. It's the "by default" lens on my camera. My regular kit includes:

17-70
FA 100-300 f4,7
F50 f1,7
FA 50 macro

I sometimes leave one or two of those at home depending on the projected day. The F is used in low light, the macro for ... macro, the FA for tele (planned most of the time, like birds or sports), the Sigma for general purposes. If I take only one lens it's this one.

The rest of my lenses are manual primes: M 150, Tak bayonet 28 and 135. Those I use when I want to work a little more.